Lund Population Day 2021
Big Microdata and Population Research
We are happy to announce that the 4th Lund Population Day will take place November 18! Professor Steve Ruggles at University of Minnesota and IPUMS - Ruggles was appointed honorary doctor at Lund University School of Economics and Management 2020 - will be keynote speaker.
Please note that the registration is now closed.
10:15-10:30 Welcome and introduction
10:30-12:00 Session 1 - moderator Johan Sandberg
- Ola Hall Faculty of Social Sciences: "A satellite image is worth 1000 words: Examples of how satellite data can serve social sciences and economics in data poor regions"
- Anna Oudin Faculty of Medicine: "Air pollution as a cause for dementia: A review of epidemiological and experimental studies"
- Markus Grillitsch Faculty of Social Sciences: "Big Microdata: Applications and reflections from an economic geography perspective"
13:00-14:30 Session 2 - moderator Therese Nilsson
- Petter Lundborg School of Economics and Management: "Intergenerational wealth mobility and fertility
- Anton Nilsson Faculty of Medicine: "Big data meets smaller data: Can data from population registers be used to generalize findings form a health cohort?"
- Luciana Quaranta School of Economics and Management: "Disease exposure in early life affects female reproduction"
14:30-15:00 Coffee break
- Steven Ruggles (University of Minnesota/IPUMS) "Big Microdata and Population Research"