A register is a digital collection of data typically collected for administrative purposes on individuals for a given population, e.g. all inhabitants of a given country, all individuals that have become ill in a certain disease, all visits to a given hospital.
Official statistics in Sweden is mainly maintained by SCB (Statistics Sweden) and Socialstyrelsen (Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare).
Publications regarding the Swedish Twin Registers are listed under Twin Registers.
- Skåne Healthcare Register
- Swedish Cause of Death Register
- Swedish National Patient Register
- Swedish Prescribed Drug Register
Register by type of data
A research portal maintained by the Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet).
National Board of Health and Welfare
- Available registers (in Swedish)
- Guide to requesting data (in Swedish)
- Translation of register names